ZIVA is committed first and foremost to providing a high quality Design education and teaching New Media skills. We are the first college of its kind in the country and different from other training facilities in that we emphasize Design; it is not enough to be proficient with the digital tools, because that is exactly all they are: tools. Whether one wants to study print or new media, an understanding of typography, visual hierarchy, communication, interface and information design is crucial, it is the foundation.
The two year full time programme in graphic design serves the following aims:
1. To provide the graphic design profession in Zimbabwe with suitably trained personnel.
2. To develop student’s problem solving abilities and critical thinking skills.
3. To enable, advise and assist students to develop their creative potential within the subject.
4. To develop skills appropriate to the realization of work in a visual form.
5. To develop communication skills both visual and verbal.